Holidays are a time for families. They are fun, but they can be stressful, too.
Don’t let visitation disputes spoil the holidays for you and your kids.
Here are some tips to help keep things running smoothly.
- Make sure that you know what is in your court orders.
- Make sure that everyone is on the same page. Discuss things with your ex to be certain that you both know what is going to happen and when.
- Don’t make arrangements by putting your kids in the middle. Don’t use your kids as mediators.
- Decide who is providing transportation and when.
- Make sure that the kids know where they are going to be on any given day. Keep a family calendar, whether it is paper or digital, so that the kids can look at it and know when they are able to make plans with their friends.
- Don’t wait until the last minute.
- If you truly cannot interpret your court orders, or sense trouble brewing, get advice from a family law attorney to help you understand what is reasonable.
Kalish Law Office –Family, Business & Probate Lawyers.