We here at the Kalish Law Office know that a divorce can make the holidays complicated. Here are some simple tips on how to not let your divorce get you down this holiday season!
1. Surround yourself with people and things that fill you with happiness. This is a fairly obvious tip but a very significant one. It’s important not to dwell on things that might make you feel stressful. This will keep your spirits up.
2. Remind yourself to focus on the “now.” Life is short. We should make the most of every moment we spend alive. Remember that life goes on and that actions you take today may not change the past but can certainly affect the future. Focus on making happy memories.
3. Drink some hot cocoa and relax. It’s important to relax in times of stress in order to not overwhelm yourself. Enjoy the small things in life and take a deep breath. Life is beautiful. A good book and a cup of hot cocoa can remind you of that. Yoga, mediation, coffee with a friend, spiritual support and other things that energize and support you will help. Keep a picture of someone close to your heart (your child or pet) or a picture of a place you look forward to visiting and look at it when things feel tough.
4. Know that this will pass. The intensity of the situation is temporary and things will get better.
5. Ask for help when you need it. Depression increases during the holidays. Don’t be afraid to ask for support when you need it. If you are having thoughts of harming yourself, seek professional help immediately.
We hope you take these tips into consideration. To schedule a legal consultation with the Kalish Law Office, call 281-363-3700! Happy holidays from the Kalish Law Office!