Whether you are thinking of starting a business in Texas or you already have one, here are five excellent resources that are available online to help you find information.
Of course, none of them are a substitute for the advice of a business attorney for your particular situation, but these resources can guide you and give you a wealth of information.
Five Excellent Resources for Texas Businesses: (If you are in another state, your state probably has resources similar to these on the web.)
- Small Business Administration. Staring a business, choosing a location, laws and regulations, taxes, licenses and much more.
- Texas Workforce Commission for Businesses and Employers Information about recruiting, hiring, training, unemployment tax, employment law.
- The Texas Secretary of State Corporations Division : About start-up, choosing an business structure, name availability, trademarks and assumed name.
- The Texas Attorney General Consumer Protection : Consumer protection, scam warnings, protecting against cyber crime.
- Texas Wide Open for Business ; Starting and growing a business, choosing Texas, incentives and resources. From the Office of the Governor.