Carbon Monoxide (CO) is a silent killer that can kill in minutes. Keep yourself and your family safe from this hazard by following these tips:
- Never run generators in indoor spaces, even in garages, porches or sheds. Only operate them outdoors in an open space, away from and downwind of buildings.
- Don’t use a gas range or oven for warmth.
- Don’t use a charcoal or barbeque grill in your home or garage.
- Don’t start up gasoline engines for tools in small or enclosed spaces.
- Don’t use a stove or fireplace unless it is properly ventilated.
- Don’t run your car or truck in an attached garage with the door shut, or let it idle there.
Also be aware of CO dangers to your pets, especially when they are alone in the house, and to pets and livestock in their shelters.