There are many ways to make a difference in a child’s life. In honor of National Adoption Month, I’d like to share a few ways. Here are some resources that include all types and levels of involvement. Click on each suggestion to get a link to more information on how to make it happen.
- Become a literacy volunteer.
- Become a CASA volunteer and advocate for a child in court.
- Become a Big Brother or Big Sister.
- Become a Foster Parent.
- Adopt a Child (privately, through DFPS, or through international adoption).
- Donate needed items or volunteer at an organization that helps children, for example Buckner, Boys & Girls Harbor, Children at Risk or other such organizations.
- Stay aware of those children who may need help, but not know how to ask for it. Being alert and giving a little time to a neighbor child, your child’s friend, a niece or nephew may have a positive impact for the rest of that child’s life.
Make a Difference.